Say "Yes" to Serene and relaxed shoulders
Do you work long hours at a computer? Are you often reading your smart phone? If you answered yes, you're like me and many others who can benefit from a stretching 'power pause' to create good posture and to relieve tension.
Many of us hold stress and tension in the neck and shoulders that translates into a facial expression of stress and strain. Making time to stretch is as important as any mask or cream you apply. Seriously! (the best strategy is a little bit of all three—plus exfoliation) Emanating calm from a place of inner peace will give your face a radiant glow.
Bust out and let your beautiful inner self shine. As you stretch, breathe deeply, oxygenate your brain and body and visualize stress draining away, using mind-body tips from my book Busting Out: Putting Your Best Breasts Forward.
Take stretch breaks as part of your self-care. I activate my computer's time announcement. Each hour, on the hour, I take a stretch or toning break. It's an easy way to squeeze important exercises into your day. We can do them together if you exercise along with the short video sequence below. I'll be adding more quick stretch sequences you can do at your desk, so please subscribe to my YouTube channel for more great easy exercises.
Remember, beauty is more than how you look- it's how you feel. As you do your exercises, keep visualizing your fit, happy and healthy self. Send a warm and grateful smile to every cell of your body. Your body is listening to your self-talk and will welcome your kind and appreciative support.
JOIN ME FOR A 5-MINUTE stretching break together:
How to do "Serene and Gorgeous" Shoulder Rolls:
- Sit or stand upright with your shoulders relaxed and arms at your sides.
- Exhale as you lift your shoulders up toward your ears, squeezing the muscles of your shoulders, neck and upper back. Inhale, exhale and squeeze again, even tighter
- Exhale and completely relax as you imagine tension draining away, like water, from your neck and shoulders. Relax muscles around your eyes, nose, jaw and hairline for a softer facial expression.
- Roll your shoulders up, back, down and around, making shoulder circles as you breathe deeply in and out. Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn as you lengthen the back of your neck and lower your shoulders, visualizing your long, elegant neck.
- Continue for up to 30 seconds. Repeat throughout the day as needed to relieve tension.
Check back for more Secrets of Style—helpful ideas and training tips. Add these to your existing beauty and fitness routines.
Need a reminder to make time for calm? Use the Power Pause tip sheet in the Power Pause guide. Download your free copy here.
Stay tuned for more stretching tips. Please leave your thoughts and requests in comments below and, if you learned something useful, please share this post with friends.
PRODUCT PICKS THAT YOU WILL LOVE
BUSTING OUT: PUTTING YOUR BEST BREASTS FORWARD| BY SHIRLEY ARCHER
Internationally renowned fitness educator Shirley Archer outlines a program for boosting your bust and putting your most beautiful breasts forward. Find easy exercises to lift and strengthen chest muscles, improve posture and tone your arms and back.
Written with humor and wit, this book contains expert fashion and beauty tips from Hollywood stylists, make up artists and aestheticians and includes advice on bra and swimsuit selection.
Shirley believes that all women are beautiful—but as her Mom told her, "Nature can always use a little help!" Be your most beautiful self, have fun and laugh.