Tips To tone and Firm your Skin and your upper arms
Want to tone and firm up your upper arms?
Here's some beauty and fitness insight from my book Busting Out: Putting Your Best Breasts Forward.
Simple, effective routines let your natural beauty shine. Do these easy exercises to complement your natural beauty with a toned aesthetic. Functionally, strong triceps help you push—push heavy doors, push yourself up from armchairs or up from the ground and throw items (imagine passing a basketball). They also stabilize your elbow in a fixed position, so an important muscle for those of you who like to write (like me).
Remember, beauty is more than how you look- it's how you feel. Look and feel your best with beauty tips from leading aestheticians that help celebrities rule the red carpet (I interviewed several for my book).
Skin Care Tips to Improve Skin Tone:
1. Use skin firming cream daily (twice daily is even better)
This makes a visible difference in skin tone.
2. Allow skin from 30 days up to 3 months to regenerate before looking for results. (Remember: Rome was not built in a day)
Do a set of Triceps Dips three times per week and before you go out, because muscles retain a pump from increased circulation for several hours after training and will give a shapely, toned appearance.
How to do "Top Form" Tricep Dips:
Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair (or the edge of a bathtub or bench) that can support your weight and does not have wheels or a slippery seat that you cannot grip securely. Place your feet on the floor several inches in front of your knees. Place your hands on the edge of the seat, directly under your shoulders.
- Slide your shoulder blades down to stabilize your shoulders. Slide your hips off the chair.
- Exhale as you bend your elbows until they are almost at shoulder height while lowering your hips toward the floor. Concentrate on keeping your shoulders down and stable.
- Inhale as you hold the position.
- Exhale as you push up to the starting position.
- Do eight to twelve repetitions or work up to one minute (one set gives you 75% of your results; for best results do 3 sets with rest in-between)
Check back for more Secrets of Style—helpful ideas and training tips. Add these to your existing beauty and fitness routines. Jump start a New You in the New Year!
Ready to work on your goals? Use my Goal Setting For Success Workbook to help plan. Download your free copy here.
What are some of your favorite style secrets? I'd love to hear what works for you! Please leave your thoughts in comments below and, if you learned something useful, please share this post with friends.
PRODUCT PICKS THAT YOU WILL LOVE
BUSTING OUT: PUTTING YOUR BEST BREASTS FORWARD| BY SHIRLEY ARCHER
Internationally renowned fitness educator Shirley Archer outlines a program for boosting your bust and putting your most beautiful breasts forward. Find easy exercises to lift and strengthen chest muscles, improve posture and tone your arms and back.
Written with humor and wit, this book contains expert fashion and beauty tips from Hollywood stylists, make up artists and aestheticians and includes advice on bra and swimsuit selection.
Shirley believes that all women are beautiful—but as her Mom told her, "Nature can always use a little help!" Be your most beautiful self, have fun and laugh.